Sunday, December 31, 2006

Knowledgeable Month

Salam alaikum...

November left me off, stucking with Obstetrics and Surgery. As early as 6.30 in the morning, I've to wake up preparing for class. Sharp at 7.30 am, usually alone by myself, I left for metro and on my way, will suddenly met up with Fizy and Azam. Sometimes I was ahead of them, in the other time, they led the way.

I used to be a person who like to stand, not to sit, in the metro. U guys maybe know why. I know that I'm not that tall, so I just dont want those people offer me a seat just because I am small. That's why I prefer to stand, reading somethings that can fill my time, or if dont have any, I'll spend time for daydreaming. But since I have to leave at 7.30 am, obviously I didnt have enough sleep the night before because usually my time for bed is at 2-3 am. So recently my habits changed. I did my best to look for a seat. Seat is a need for me =) If i do have something that must be read even in metro, then I'll spend time there by reading, otherwise I'll sleep, for sure!

Obstetrics is an interesting subject. A tough subject but since I've Nazlin's notes and I found that I'm very interested in this subject, I didnt mind at all to sleep only for 4 hrs per day, eat less, talk less, daydream less, but to study more! My table full with Obs books. In English and even in Russian. I spent time to surf internet as well, looking for materials for the next class. My teacher, Dr. Irina Vladimirovna Ignadko is a nice, expert and warmhearted lady.

When it came to the 1st time I've to examine my patient, with my team - me, Wendy, Thines and Fizy, we recieved a patient with pre-ecalampsia and big fetus size problems. That was her 3rd pregnancy and the 2 before this were normally dilevered. Term of pregnancy was 39 weeks, meaning that she's already in her full term. Her due date is estimated around 26/12/2006. The next day, we went to the ultrasound room. Luckily again, my patient was there. And on 25/12/2006, the whole group went to the labor room to see vaginal delivery or so called as natural birth. And again, my patient was the one who's giving birth at that time!

While in the end of 1st stage of labor, she shouted out loudly:

Ya ne magu.... Ya ne magu... Ya ne magu...!
(I can't... I can't... I can't...!)

I knew she's in pain. I was touched by the situation.

Then, when she's already in the 2nd stage of delivery, when the head of the baby was already out of the vagina, hanging there like a where-are-you-coming-from-monster, my patient screamed like hell:

Ubi menya! Ubi menya!
(Kill me! Kill me!)

That showed how suffering she was at the moment.

But a few seconds after that, the whole body was out, with the umbilical cord was still connected to the placenta, it was clamped, cut off, then the baby was given to the mother to let her see her son. Yeah. He's a boy! He's a boy!

Then the placenta was checked by the doctors and the nurses started working on the baby. It's Christmas today. My christian friend said: Wah, he's the new Jesus.

Owh... Only that's simple they can say about their newborn God?? Hmm... But deep in my heart, I named the baby after my friend, Azzaki, for his curiousness about the baby. May the baby boy become a brilliant boy Insya Allah. (Azzaki - the brilliant guy).

During our last class for Obs, I have to present my project on Myopia in Pregnancy. Oh my Godness, I've 1 of the indications to be operated for Caesarean section if planning to have baby because my nearsightedness is -6.25 on my right and -6.50 on my left!!! Anyway, dont worry. Ophthalmologist will decide it for me. Ahaks! And after that, we went to see the postnatal prosedures. And again, my patient was there and her baby was in normal range of weight already. They both are healthy.

All after all, I can conclude that December is a knowledgeable month. I sacrificed a lot, but I gained a lot in return. I enjoy learning new things in class, with my funky classmates! One more secret story of mine, I actually have been working with Tourism Malaysia in Embassy of Malaysia part-timely. By end of December, guess how much that I earned? 250 USD for 6 days part-timely working there! But surely I've gone through tough days, till 11 pm been there, with extra task to set up 2 powerpoint presentations for Kak Azizah which have 143 and 33 slides each! And, somewhere around Dec 10th, I recieved Ayat-ayat Cinta, a novel that I wanted to read since months ago. It was a bit late, but I appreciated my friend's willingness to post it from Indonesia. Anyway friends, I have the original version of it, the Indonesian Language!

Ayat-ayat Cinta, a recommended book to be read, full with courage, full with enthusiasm. Very good for muhasabah, to recheck our soul and heart, is there still any LOVE for Allah the Almighty growing in there...?

Fahri, where's my Fahri?
At night, I sigh


Monday : Obstetrics
Tuesday : Surgery
Wed : Obstetrics
Thursday : Surgery

Friday :
Obstetrics





Happy New Year 2007

3 comments:

Unknown said...

panjang gileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sarah Mohd Shukor said...

x kesah...tetap jgk terasa dgn awkkkkkkkkkkkkk........

snm | snm said...

salam sarah.
dh lama nk komen kt sini, about ayat2 cinta. huuu~~ sarah nak tau, ntah cmne saya blh nanges baca :p sedeh sgt past aisha tu berkorban dgn fahri dlm keadaan pregnant.
saya baru je baca. saya dh tau lama novel tu, tp saya xnk tpengaruh dgn kwn2 yg dok beriye baca. lg 1 sbb, salu sgt out-of-stock bila pegi MPH. then, saya tgk filem dia (kwn bg yg dload), sgt la geraammm!! berbeza lgsg dgn novel. x best pun ada sbb dlm film, aisha tu mcm bukan isteri solehah.
sarah..x cukup tido xpe. yg pntg cukup rehat tau :)