Saturday, February 17, 2007

B for Burdah


Salam wbt

Recently I found myself got stuck on solawat with burdah type. Do u guys have any idea how does it sound? Try this link : Qasidah Burdah


Actually I started paying attention on this type of solawat when I went to Cairo, more specific to Imam Shafie's Mosque and Maqam. I sitted by his maqam for a few minutes and was captured by a calm and peaceful scenery there. And next to his maqam inside the mosque, there were a few old people sitting there reading the Holy Quran and there was an old blind man reciting a very nice melodical solawat that I never knew before. Very unfamiliar to me.


I asked my friend what is it and she explained that is Burdah, a special solawat to praise Rasulullah PBUH in a special intonation created by Imam Busairi in his poem. But the one that recited by the old man was a special poem dedicated to Imam Shafie and it was about knowledges, since he was very popular in his hardworking to gain knowledges everywhere, any time. I recorded it using my camera and when got back to Moscow, I listened to it for more than 10 times.

After 4 days reaching here, I received a CD from my friend in Cairo containing 10 solawat burdahs that are dedicated to different people in different versions. The one that I suggested above is Qasidah Burdah Sharif. Since I have problem to upload the video from youtube to my blog, I just can give the link. May we now become more in love to know the arts of Islam.


Here u are. B for Burdah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam..
nak gak solawat burdah tu..
saya ada version malaysia je kot, yg dalam album amar tu..
buat ringtone best~

Sarah Mohd Shukor said...

salam awe,
nanti KS pass kan cd nya ok. yg best2 ni kita kongsila sama2 kan.klu tak silap KS, buku yg KS pass hari tu pun kamu baca ye =p

Aizuddeen Ahmad Zabidi said...

owh sudah jatuh cinta pada selawat neh nye melody...