Friday, September 14, 2007

8 Random Things About Me

Assalamualaikum wbt

Actually, I've been tagged (again) by Ryn Si B*ntang about 2 months ago. Due to some reasons, I couldn't complete the task during my holiday in Malaysia. And therefore, here I'm telling you : 8 Random Things About Me.

.:: Perfectionist ::.
-I just can't help myself from being an A-to-Z-no-skip type of person. If possible, I want everything around me to be in the best condition, the best achievement. In study, I'm willing to give my best to the fullest that I can. In the house, I want everything looks clean and in the best order. You name it, it will be in the list!

.:: Love Art ::.
- I love poems. Very much. My favourite poet is Pian Habib who is so simple yet comes out with meaningful melancholic poems and he delivers them in his very own style. I do write lyrics as well. Not many know about this. And now I'm revealing the fact out! I like writing short stories or maybe quite suitable to be called as almost novels. But I don't publish them. And so far, I have 5 stories of my own. And the latest art that I am into it so much is photography. I started liking photography since I started exploring photo blogs of people all over the world. Simply I can say, I can relax my stress after class by looking at those marvellous photos. Owh.. I am now usha-ing a new giant camera. Huhu. So then I can go out with Aizat to snap-snap. Maybe not now, but sooner or later, I'll buy one for sure. Plus, my buddy, Faisal, is planning up to get himself one, too. Yes!

.:: Love Reading ::.
- A bookworm, I am! I just love to! Anything. Eversince I was 6 years old, I'd started reading novels. the 1st novel I managed to finish was The Sherlock Homes' Story: The Toys. Eventhough it took months for me to finish it. Then on my 7th birthday, my Mak De gave me a serial novel, Tingkatan Satu Di Seri Melur. It's only one book of the 10-volumes-collection. Only by the age of 12, I found the rest of the collection somewhere in my town. And they were sold RM1 for 1!! So cheap! Maybe the seller thought noone would have been interested in such seasoned books. Ayah did play big role in this matter. Whenever he went to a book fair or bookstores, he will buy us a set of '5 Sekawan', '6 Penyiasat', and a few other collections. Sesame Street, we have all of them at home. All types. All volumes. All editions. Blame my mum to have made us love Sesame Street very much. I still remember one book entitled 'Eto, The Green Alien'. My sister and I used to fight to read it 1st during free time eventhough we have read it for hundred times! And the other one is 'Rumput Di Tepi Jalan'. I claimed that the book is mine. But my sister claimed it is hers. If I'm not mistaken, her book is 'Anjing Yang Malang'. But now, seriously I already forgot which one is actually mine! Huhu. And now, I love novels so very much. Either Malay or English. But I don't read cheap stories such as usual, common love stories, bla bla bla. On top of it, I read fikrah books as well as journals about science and technologies. I just don't want to be outdated.

.:: Hate Compliments ::.
- I hate compliments. When people say some to me, I just don't know how to differentiate whether they are actually a sincere compliment or an insinuation. Help me! I just don't know how to! So please don't take into heart if my expression isn't that welcoming when you, or you, or you say some compliments to me. That's why, you better don't. Hehe.

.:: Love Cooking ::.
- Simple. I love cooking. I like to try something new. What is my speciality? Ups...~

.:: Sensitive ::.
- Easily hurt by harsh words, insensitive comments, people that make jokes of me, people who talk something that I hardly understand and being ignored by people that I care.

.:: Invisible ::.
- I like to be at the back of the stage. Not at the front line. But in some cases, I've to make it work. To be at the front which actually I don't feel ease at it. And that's the reason why I like to appear invisible on my YM and MSN. Hehe.

.:: Hate Grand and Formality ::.
- I don't like grand functions with formality. What comes 1st is the content. Frankly speaking, if someone invite me to go to a formal, high class function, I will reject it without doubt. Sorry to say, I am not that type of person. A kampung girl, I am. Fullstop.

Dear Ryn, tag accomplished. You know what, I'm tired doing this task. Fuh. Tired to think of them, one by one. No tagging anymore, okay dear :)

Dear readers, I am now looking for these 2 books: The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield and Rules by Cynthia Lord. Anyone has read them? Where can I get them? Hmm... Maybe I've to spend a bit in Book House in New Arbat tomorrow. Anyone wants to join me?

____________________________________________________________________

Hari buat dia:

48) -Sudah diedit kerana kesahihannya dipertikaikan. Terima kasih kepada yang menegur-

14 comments:

MakcikMuda said...

salam,sarah.

oke2!no more tag until next year.hehe.

perfectionist?adehhla!mmg xleh idop nan ryn..err...bule kot.. then u can help me kemas2 around the house or help me with my assignments.hiks!

art.hehe!ryn pon ske art gakk. nak tukar camera tp fulus nada :(

buku yg ryn ckp arituh sarah ade jumpe x?hoho! yg tingkatan satu di seri melur tuh,i hv the english version full sets. cter mallory towers. the other one yg similar pon ade. yg st.claire punye. hiks!

sarah,bile ryn ckp yg muke sarah bseri tuh,i'm telling the truth oke. aner de men2.seyez neh *muke ketat*

u love cooking and i love eating.hehe!

sensitive.hmm.better watch my words next time.

invisible? kat kolej,ryn mmg slalu invisible..+ slalu pontem! kehkeh!

you're right abt the grand and formality. most of my friends suke ajak kuar ade function ntahape2. i usually decline bcoz i hate crowded place.

huh! panjang betui kumen ryn kali neh.hehe! rs2nyer,nih la kumen paling panjang ryn penah kasi :p

Anonymous said...

I guess we possess same thing in common. Being perfectionist at everything and sometimes it brings nuisance to everyone else. Rasa mcm kesian pulak.

Love arts, love reading. I have my own precious collection of my own poems and short stories written since high school back then.

I totally appreciate every single comment and appreciation from people. Somehow I have some sort of black magic to differentiate between compliment and sarcastic remark.

I love cooking as well, but haven't got much time to perform any experimental to new dishes. Cramped with a loads of work.

Sensitive, Alamak. The very.

Invisible, I'm trained to stand at the front line at whatever situation. It's kinda weird that you have affection towards debates,forums and such but tend to stand at the back of the stage? Intriguing :)

Hate grand and formality, Hmm I don't have problem with any grand functions.Been there a loads of time. Actually it teaches you how to communicate with other people and familiarize yourself with certain protocols. But yes I can't stand crowded functions.

Panjangnye komen, macam entri lak. Hihi.

one said...

mmm...Sincerity tu Allah yg lbih tahu..however i was and i am (learning to be)sincere wif my words,jangan risau
Insya Allah
:)

Anonymous said...

Salam sarah..

kita lebih kurang sama..
mirip..huhuhu..
tapi sarah lebih best dari cik ati lah..
sungguh!
oh oh! cik ati ada gambar best nak tunjuk dekat sarah..
gambar budak berdua tu..
he he he..
rasa macam nak muatnaik kat blog jek..
ha ha ha mari mempopularkan mereka!
he he he...

oh! jaga diri ya sarah..
sejuk yang amat ek kat sana..
mudah-mudahan dipermudahkan semuanya..
insya-Allah...

jaga diri baek-baek!

;)

Sarah Mohd Shukor said...

Ryn:
-tolong kemas rumah? no prob! i like it so much. klu x jd doc, jd fulltime housewife pn sgt2 la sy nak. huhuhuhuhuh.
-duit kena kumpul la klu nk angkat yg baru.
-buku tu x jmpa.kedai buku kt temerloh tu bukannye bsr sgt pn.bestkn cite ting. 1 di seri melur tu. x kira la malay or english version. menepati jiwa kanak2 :)
-muka sy berseri2 mcm bintang! alhamdulillah. trm kasih ryn :)
-nnti sy msk, awk dtg mkn je. slgi x abis, xleh balik. pdn muka.
-sensitif..mcm org tua kn? haha.
-x baik la klu invi yg camtu ryn. cepat2. ubah perangaimu. klu x, tamau kwn :p
-i hate crowded function. so rimas.

Azwan:
-what to do. we just being ourself. n for me, i know it benefits me.n im sure u'll agree that we can feel the satisfaction after having the task completed perfectly.
-same here! i have them all written since form 2 up till now.
-but i cant. they all seem the same to me. at times, i can but u know, as long as my mind setting is still the same, i'll stay the same in judging pple's compliments. help me!
-Kawin cepat! then u can try cooking smthg new n let ur wife to taste it 1st. n rank them for u :p
-me the very too.
thats long time ago. i am now trying my best to withdraw myself frm d public. i mean, the real public. its just difficult to explain here.
-i did go to some n i know that i still have to go to some in the future. but if i can just follow my heart, i wont go. simply that i dont like to b in crowd. so rimas. but if i have to, well, nak buat mcm mana. still have to..

Sarah Mohd Shukor said...

One:
alhamdulillah. thnks alot one.

Cik Ati:
kita sama,kita mirip tp sy lg best??
kompius betul sy. kt part mana la yg sy lg best tuh? gambar? oh cik ati. jgn publish. kesian diorg. kita kongsi duaorg dh la.
EMAILKAN PADA SAYA.
HUKUM : WAJIB. email add:

sarah19185[at]yahoo[dot]com

yup sejuk mcm yg sy ckp tu. 3-7'C je wlupn skrg ni autumn!! daun pun tak kuning semua lg! belum winter lg!!!!!!!

Ya Allah, permudahkanlah hidupku di Bumi Tsar ini. Amin...

Anonymous said...

Kawin cepat? Hehe. Itu yang jadi masalah sangat-sangat tu. Masih tercari-cari.

akirasuri said...

Salam sarah..

cik ati ambil gambar tu dengan izinlah..
he he he..
ok-ok nanti cik ati hantar pada sarah ek ;)

*sengeh*

Sarah Mohd Shukor said...

Azwan:
jon mencari sama2. sy jumpa yg baik2 n cukup sifat, sy promote kt awk ye *wink wink*

Cik Ati:
yes2. klu nk tunggu diorg yg kasi, alamatnye x dpt2 la kot. *mode tak sabar nk dpt gamabr!*

arsaili said...

me too, dun like grand n formality...whenever there is a functing in d hitel..i rather sit at d very back wif friend..so can enjoy food without all d protocol..ahaks... guna tangan lagi kenyang

Sarah Mohd Shukor said...

Arsaili:
sgt la betul. mkn dn tgn beshhhh *thumbs up* but where can we find a life without protocol..hmm..

Anonymous said...

hah! i'm everything of what you wrote here! though the cooking part, if i knew how to cook, i'll do it everyday, all day! hahah.

Sarah Mohd Shukor said...

kita kembar tak sama mak ayah kot :) thnks for visiting my blog. it's an honor for me to hv found sm1 that has smthgs in common wit me :)

Anonymous said...

Salam Kak Sarah...
Saya baru je mengenali blog ini melalui laman sembang2 komputer...
A good blog indeed...
Keep the good effort...
I always support something like this eventhough i do not have one..
Mengenai entry ini, hadith pasal kelebihan solat terawih tu setahu saya adalah hadith palsu yang telah hangat dibincangkan termasuk oleh Mufti Perlis, Dr Mohd Asri Zainal Abidin...
Semoga lebih berhati-hati dalam mengutarakan hadith2 Rasulullah saw...
Takut nanti kita semua mendapat dosa percuma dengan meyebarkan 'dusta' terhadap Rasulullah saw...
Praktikalnya ialah samada membuang hadith tersebut drpd entry ini atau menggantikannya dengan hadith lain
Sekadar berkongsi...