Monday, April 16, 2007

Yби меня!

Assalamualaikum wbt

Just a short entry. To summerize my life for the 1st cycle of this spring sem. It was started with Topography Anatomy and Operative Surgery Cycle in February (TopAn). Together with it was Ears, nose and throat (ENT). It was a very hectic cycle. Killing me to death but in the middle they both hang me to suffer a lot. I slept only for 1 and half an hour everyday from 12-1.30am. Then I will stay awake, studying and preparing notes for the next day classes.

On the exam day, in the morning was the ENT's. I didn't sleep at all. I suffered a lot for this exam. I didn't feel good to sit for it since usually I used to finish my reading at least for 3 times. But for this exam, I've read only for once! I felt bad. But just after my writing session, we were all supposed to answer the oral questions with the professor. 1 student would take approximately 10-15 minutes to face the prof. But once I stepped into the prof's room, she asked for my credit book. I, with blur emotion, passed it and straight away sat in front of her, ready with my case and my written answered papers. My question card was on top of those papers. I smiled. To myself, I guess. To gain my confidence for the oral part.

Out of nowhere, suddenly the prof's voice gently hit my eardrums telling me that I didn't have to answer any oral question. The reason was, I performed very well in all classes and all my bring-forward marks were excellent. Other word, it's called as Automatic here (Avtomat). So, I've got full mark without being asked for oral. So, it was 5 for me!

Ya Allah. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah. You really helped me Ya Allah.

If you guys really knew how was my life looked like in February, all your pities would go to me. I ate a little, I slept less, I talked less, I didn't go out of room, I cried too, sometimes. And the night before the exam, only my roommates Emy and Pena knew how stressed I was (plus Abg Khairil too because we online for a while that night whilst he was studying too).

And for the TopAn practical exam in the noon, I found it a bit difficult. The examiner was an ex-surgeon. She's super hot. Huhu. The 1st part was hazardous for me because I did mistake!!! I was afraid that she will fail me out. But for the 2nd part, I explained the tools needed for thyroidectomy very well, I added whatever points I had in mind, I mixed all the infos that I got from internet plus the videos, so she gave me 4! Alhamdulillah. Eventhough this is the 1st 4 that I got since last 3 years, I don't care. After all, only 1 student got 5 for this practical exam. That's his luck. So, I didn't feel so stupid since averagely my classmates all have got 4.

In the middle of the cycle, I did think that this cycle was the toughest ever in my life as a medical student.

Yби меня! Yби меня! Yби меня! (Kill me! Kill me! Kill me!)

I rather die than suffering that tough - said my friend who's now is doing actuarial science.

Should I die just because I couldn't stand this sort of thing? Huhu... I'll never let it happen. I wanna be a doctor!

Monday - Friday : ENT (9am-12.30pm)
TopAn (1pm-4.30pm)
Saturday : Radiology (9am-12.30pm)

14 comments:

Anak Singa said...

i've been thinking "why didn't i accepted dat medicine offer?" lately. engineering ain't fun at all. urgh! nevertheless, i know i can do dis. dats why Allah let me choose it. the same thing goes to u ukhti. don't give up. only Allah knows our limit. thus, strive! moga mendapat kekuatan. amin

Anonymous said...

kill me too kak sarah..haha

Mama Sarah said...

good luck :)

i think you should know better, tidur tu penting juga.

amano said...

sarah. congrats anyway dpt 5. abpuit ur topan, first 4?? since first year? genius giler awak sarah!!!!! selamat memburu red diplome. as for me, hmmm... tatau masih sempat ke tak... sob sob.

amano said...

*about. sori typo.

munirmuji said...

gi depan cermin...pastu SENYUM...den bace doa bercermin...insya ALLAH...ok je pastu...

life is not easy peep!!!n its not even free!!!but hav to be sincere..then u'll enjoy n savor the goods!!

TIGA DENGAN SENYUMAN..

Sarah Mohd Shukor said...

Salam to all,

1)Mrjournal aka alif anwar:

eventhough u found no fun in engineering, but are guys are most wanted for our development. think from the side of our ummah. ummah needs such pple like u all.

let us together hv a look on Al-Baqarah 2:216. may we found the reason to be in our ways now.

thanks alif for ur words. they raise me up!

2)Shafiq:

i dont wanna kill u. u are my brother. love u loads.

3)Mama sarah:

many thanks. only during weekdays i didnt get enough sleep. but i have qada' my sleep during weekend =D

4)Amani:

thanks amani. that was my 1st 4 since 2nd yr. but overall, i have 3 4s already. red diplom? hmm...i dont strive for it. stressful if we give effort on chasing for it. but if i got it, all praises go to Allah.

5)Munir:

insya allah after reply urs, i'll straight away go to see myself in mirror.

mirror mirror of the wall, who's the most genius person in the world now? --> erk! she said: U !!!

thanks for the reminder ;)

Anak Singa said...

thanks for the reminder. u remind me of ummi.

Sarah Mohd Shukor said...

And u remind me of my lil bro ;)

Anonymous said...

tahniah adik. bagus2... hehehe.. the actual life of being a doctor is even tougher kna? it's ok to let it out. don't keep it to yourself. but i know deep inside you know this is what meant for you. "Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope" (Al-Baqarah:286)
And setuju dgn (Al-Baqarah:143) it's for ummah insya-Allah. May Allah accept the struggles to gain this knowledge as good deeds.
take care adik, if one really knows what life in akhirat or even barzakh means, the words "kill me" would not easily slip out of our mouth. May Allah forgive us, and may Allah guide us, to be a truth muslim who lives for His cause.
Let us remind ourselves that dunya is the harvest field of akhirat, as we hope to sow its crops in akhirat. -kakak negara ratu elizabeth-

Anonymous said...

to be honest, akak suka masuk blog adik ni utk dgr lagu2 kat main page tu ;-) kes org tak de radio, and working on linux OS. tak reti kome nak gode2 ;-) furthermore, all pc's are linked in a network, so tak leh nak access as superuser i.e. hanya administrator je yg blh access.
-betul ke ayat akak tu?
-kakak negeri ratu elizabeth-

Anonymous said...

hoh.congrats ks! mind you the title has nothing in terms with the marks you've got lately..anyway, it's the suffering makes life much more worthwhile and appreciated..=)

Shazwani Adnan said...

wow!!new entry within a week!! anyway,u r supposed to take care of ur health ks,n get enough sleep then.but actly dats a practice for being a good doc(bcz a good doc always gets an insomnia.kiki>>just kidding)>>im trying to become like u but.....i tried my best n i realized dat i cant!!but still cn pray 4 ur success
--really wanna be as genius as u!!--
"d real success is what we hv done wif our full effort towards it"

Sarah Mohd Shukor said...

6)Anonymous aka kakak negara ratu elizabeth (KNRE):

salam kak. betul semua kata akk tu. allah wont bursen a person that beyond his scope. semoga sy terus ditabahkan hati dlm perjuangan hidup d sini. russia ni lain. tak macam uk, ireland etc. mmg sgt lain. tp sy tau, ada hikmah kenapa sy dicampakkan di sini. dan allah tu lebih lg tau segalanya.

"tak reti kome nak gode2" - sangat pandai akk guna ayat ni. mcm ni lah org temerloh cakap.

terima kasih banyak2 sbb sudi menjenguk kerap ke blog ni. sy jadikan ni sbg 1 penaik semangat utk terus menulis yg bermanfaat agar ini allah kira sbg 1 jalan dakwah sy.

terima kasih sekali lg.

p/s: nanti ada masa, sy uploadkan lagu2 yg baru di playlist tu. takde la boring akk dgr nanti ;)

7)Reza:

That's so true, reza. i treasure every single second of being a medical stud. the sadness may come n go, but the values of it are life worthwhile to learn from. hope that u treasure the same pleasures here.

8)Wani:

I am not genius!!!!~~~ arh arh arh... i am so ordinary. no plus plus, no star star...

I like ur last words: the real success is what we have done with our full effort towards it.

may we have the strength to give full effort in our doings.